Sundays at 8.00am (Holy Communion (trad)), 11:00am Holy Communion (1st, 3rd and 5th Sundays of the month) Family Service (2nd Sunday) , Mattins (trad) (4th Sunday) and 4.00pm (Evening Prayer (trad)) on the 1st Sunday of each month.
Wednesdays at 10.30am (Holy Communion)
The church is now open again, but social distancing still applies and face masks must be worn, unless you are exempt on the grounds of age, physical or mental health. There is a QR poster on the main church door. See full details of how worship will operate, following a risk assessment , at the bottom of this page
**Our church newsletter for the three churches has extra material in it at the moment, such as Bible readings and short sermon
** Every Sunday a service is being produced on video. You can find this on YouTube or by going to the Media drop down menu on this site, under videos. These will continue.
We also have a new FACEBOOK page for Madron, Heamoor and Gulval churches
Easter Services Happy Easter !
Om Sunday we will have the following services
8.00am Holy Communion (Madron)
11.00am Holy Communion
4.00pm Evening Prayer
Family Service at 11am on the second Sunday of the month, plus particularly child-friendly occasions to be found on the relevant web page (see Services)
Our next child-friendly services will be our Sea Sunday, July 8th at 11am, and then our Songs of Praise on August 13th.
Our safe=guarding officer is Christina de Vries
Opening Times: Gulval Church is normally (but not currently) open from 10:00am to 12:00pm on Saturdays only during winter months. From July to September it is normally open on Monday afternoon from 2.30 – 4.30pm, and on Wednesday & Thursday afternoons from 2:00pm to 4:00pm. We normally serve tea and cake on Mondays from 2:30pm to 4:30pm from July to September (now finished). CURRENTLY we are not open for visitors but hope to at some point.
Parking. Free parking is available at all points around the upper churchyard. It gets busy at the top outside the Coldstreamer. The best place is probably at the bottom of the steps, coming along Possess Lane from Jelbert Way. There is level access from the east gate, but there are a couple of steps to negotiate first. There is step-free access via the top gate (opposite the Coldstreamer) and there are usually spaces hard by the churchyard wall. There is no church car park as such,
Building and other projects (2020) We are trying to replenish our reserves after forking out for tarmacced paths, a new toilet, emergency repairs to wall memorials and ongoing tree trimming (the churchyard is not closed, so we have all the bills for maintenance) . Our lighting is being gradually improved
Risk assessment Madron, Heamoor, Gulval churches Updated 20/9/20
1) Face masks are to be worn before entering the church, during the service and on leaving. The exceptions are (a) the service leader or lesson reader (b) under 11s (c) those with breathing difficulties (d) those who may be distressed
2) Arrival. Be careful to arrive at a social distance through the main door, where you can sanitise and collect your service papers inside on the table. Do not bunch around the door or the table
3) Hand sanitiser will be on the table at the back. Please use on entry and do not touch anything unnecessarily except your pew.
4) Services will take place in zones – 11am in the main body of the church ONLY and 6pm (Madron) in the choir stalls. (8ams in side chapel at Madron and choir stalls at Gulval)
5) Sit at 2metres from the next worshipper, in any direction, unless you live together. A maximum of six can arrive, sit or leave together. This determines the capacity of the church, which we estimate to be around 50 Madron), 35 (Heamoor) and 45 (Gulval)
6) Both doors will be open for ventilation – unless it is really cold or wet – no touching of door handles, please
7) You are encouraged to bring your own Bibles and prayer books. The only materials available will be hymn words, newsletters and service sheets– they are to be taken away and can be picked up carefully on entry. All service materials have been put together (but are not a booklet but three separate items) so as to minimise touching of the table
8) No collection bags will be passed around , a plate at the back to be brought up during the service.
9) No singing. An organist can play hymn tunes or other music as long as we only say hymn words
10) There is no passing the peace or other physical contact between those present
11) The toilets will not be available ( CofE guidelines are to keep toilets open, but the cleaning and other instructions are so involved, it’s best to leave it for now).
12) For track and trace purposes attenders names (& contact details) will be recorded
13) Communion is by wafer only. A one way system to receive will be in place. No queues
Rev Tim Hawkins on behalf of Madron and Gulval PCCs