Service Times: Sundays at 8.00am Holy Communion (trad), 11:00am Family Service (1st Sunday of the month), Holy Communion (2nd, 3rd and 4th Sundays) and Mattins (trad) (5th Sunday) and 6.00pm Evening Prayer (trad).
ATTENTION – Our churches are now closed for regular public worship until further notice.
When we open again, social distancing will apply and face masks must be worn except where you may be exempt through age (under 11), physical or mental health issues. There is a QR poster on the church door. If you email me, I can supply you with a short sermon and news sheet each week while we are closed.
A guide to how our services will operate until further notice, following a risk assessment, can be found at the foot of this page.
**Our church newsletter for the three churches has extra material in it at the moment, such as Bible readings and short sermon
** Every Sunday a service is being produced on video. You can find this on YouTube or by going to the Media drop down menu on this site, under videos. This will continue
We also have a new FACEBOOK page for Madron, Heamoor and Gulval churches
Assembly content is regularly loaded on our school page (Madron Daniel School)
Family Service at 11am on the first Sunday of the month, plus particularly child-friendly occasions to be found on the relevant web page (see Services). We have an area on the north side with soft toys, colouring books and other books
Our safe-guarding officer is Ann Jenkin (see phone number on Homepage)
** Giving to the church. If you wish to donate to our church, the link to our giving page is:
Opening Times: Madron Church is usually open in winter months on Friday mornings between 10:30am and 12:00pm and Saturday mornings between 10:00am and 12:00pm. From July to September we are also open on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons between 2:00pm and 4:00pm. In any case a key may be obtained from the Rectory (if you can find someone in – sorry. I’m often there between 1 and 2pm). Please feel free to email an enquiry to avoid disappointment. CURRENTLY The church is not open for visitors
Parking is available on ‘Madron Green’, a tarmaced area west of the churchyard and main (north) entrance. Hard by the lychgate, there a gate that gives level and step-free access for wheelchairs, buggies etc via the south porch. As this is only open for services, a gravel path takes visitors around to the north door, which is our main entrance, and only entrance during the week, Using this path is better than walking along a busy minor road.
We have a hall in Heamoor, attached to St Thomas Church, which is available for regular bookings at only £10 per session. Ring or email Caroline ( 01736 369123 or email@example.com) to make an appointment to look at what’s on offer by way of toilets and kitchen facilities.
Social events can be seen on the Events page
Building and other Projects March 2020
We have had no further progress on getting the large east window repaired – it seems that buildings in a worse condition have been getting the grants, which is only fair.
We are currently saving and applying for grants to convert our bio- loo into a conventional toilet. It was good for our green credentials , but with heavy use at social functions and weddings, it was awful to clear up the overflow !
3D Tour of Madron Parish Church
Risk assessment Madron, Heamoor, Gulval churches Updated 20/9/20
1) Face masks are to be worn before entering the church, during the service and on leaving. The exceptions are (a) the service leader or lesson reader (b) under 11s (c) those with breathing difficulties (d) those who may be distressed
2) Arrival. Be careful to arrive at a social distance through the main door, where you can sanitise and collect your service papers inside on the table. Do not bunch around the door or the table
3) Hand sanitiser will be on the table at the back. Please use on entry and do not touch anything unnecessarily except your pew.
4) Services will take place in zones – 11am in the main body of the church ONLY and 6pm (Madron) in the choir stalls. (8ams in side chapel at Madron and choir stalls at Gulval)
5) Sit at 2metres from the next worshipper, in any direction, unless you live together. A maximum of six can arrive, sit or leave together. This determines the capacity of the church, which we estimate to be around 50 Madron), 35 (Heamoor) and 45 (Gulval)
6) Both doors will be open for ventilation – unless it is really cold or wet – no touching of door handles, please
7) You are encouraged to bring your own Bibles and prayer books. The only materials available will be hymn words, newsletters and service sheets– they are to be taken away and can be picked up carefully on entry. All service materials have been put together (but are not a booklet but three separate items) so as to minimise touching of the table
8) No collection bags will be passed around , a plate at the back to be brought up during the service.
9) No singing. An organist can play hymn tunes or other music as long as we only say hymn words
10) There is no passing the peace or other physical contact between those present
11) The toilets will not be available ( CofE guidelines are to keep toilets open, but the cleaning and other instructions are so involved, it’s best to leave it for now).
12) For track and trace purposes attenders names (& contact details) will be recorded
13) Communion is by wafer only. A one way system to receive will be in place. No queues
Rev Tim Hawkins on behalf of Madron and Gulval PCCs